Thursday, March 06, 2008

About Us

Welcome to the party!

Ultimate Blog Party 2008

I go by the name of Love 2B Homeschoolers; welcome to my digital scrapbook of sorts. There's a glimpse of me on the sidebar to your right, and a post which elaborates about me on my other blog, but this blog is about my family, so here I thought I'd elaborate about them. Then if you find that we are people you can relate to, you can stop by again.

My husband B is a Computer Analyst for Cigna Healthcare. He likes his job well enough. His office is 45 minutes away by car, which makes for a long day. He leaves the house around 7:00 am, and usually returns around 6 or 6:30 pm. He is a dedicated, hard worker. And of course, they don't appreciate him nearly enough. He gets four weeks vacation a year.

B is all about his family. I sometimes lose myself in the love I see in his eyes. He is a great dad, but like most dads, often forgets to be a dad, and tries too hard to be a friend. He's working on that though. At least in front of me ;-)

R is my 11-year-old. He is very much a first child: intelligent and logical. He is warm and empathetic and kind. He is a gentle soul and incredibly sensitive.

He loves Lego Bionicals, YuGiOh, building anything, and is thrilled to have just gotten his own email address. He wants to be an architectural engineer when he grows up.

If he were in school, he'd be in the 5th grade, although he may have been left back at some point; he pushed off learning to read until very recently. It's true what they say; that homeschoolers can learn something in a few months that takes schools years to teach. R is a builder though, so he never cared for reading, loving instead, math.

E is seven. He is a Gemini. Big time. He is incredibly energetic and always on the go. He is witty and incredibly charming. Also very silly; he'd do almost anything for a laugh.

He loves jumping on his trampoline, playing with action figures and Matchbox cars, dressing up and acting out different characters, and calling his dad on the phone several times a day. What does he want to be when he grows up? Something different every day. I think he'll be an actor.

If he were in school, he'd be in the 2nd grade. They would try to have him on Ritalin despite the fact that there is absolutely nothing wrong with him, other than his enormous amounts of energy. He is pretty much on "grade level" for reading. He hates math.

As a family we love to travel, go on outings, play games, watch movies, and snuggle in bed. Often.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Welcome to the party! Have a great week!!