Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day



Mother's Day was wonderful. Everyone got up early to make their cards since Saturday had been such a busy day and they couldn't get to them. (I had spent several hours alone at the Scholastic book sale – ahhh.) They brought me my cards and presents in bed.Every year each of my children paint a ceramic tile for me. I look forward to the day I have enough to surround a mirror with.

I enjoyed a yummy breakfast of eggs, tater tots, bacon and english muffins, compliments of my loving spouse. They had even bought me my own 1/2 gallon of orange juice with lots of pulp, since I'm the only one who enjoys it that way.

After breakfast I dragged everyone back to our king-sized bed where we watched an episode of The Waltons. It was hard to keep B from doing anything around the house. The man needs to learn how to relax.

We all got dressed then and headed out. First stop: Sweet Claude's for ice-cream. Yum. Then we headed to Sleeping Giant State Park, where we walked the Tower Trail; a park maintained trail which leads up to a castle on the top of the mountain. B really likes the idea of hiking since he enjoyed it during our vacation, so I thought it would be fun since I had heard about the castle. I am pathetically out of shape. It took us 50 minutes to get to the top. From the top of the castle we could see all the way to Long Island Sound. Well worth it. Next time we'll do it when the park isn't so crowded though.

We took 30 minutes to get back down, practically running, since we had a dinner reservation in Southington I really wanted to make. And we did, exactly on time. We ate at Manor Inn, which is too expensive to eat at often. We were all bummed to find a special Mother's Day menu, since Chicken Parmesan wasn't on it, but the veal was just as good.

On the way home B and I got to talking and something he said reminded me of a movie I hadn't seen in a long time. So we stopped in at the video store and ended our day watching Dennis the Menace together. It was just as funny as I remembered it and the boys thought it was hilarious.

What a terrific day. I hope, if you are a mom, that your Mother's Day was as wonderful as mine.

1 comment:

Three Mommies said...

A castle?! I never knew. My guys would love to see a castle. Now if I can only get them past the hike up to it part...