Monday, September 11, 2006

Depression?

Well I must say that my vacation did wonders for my outlook on life. I had been feeling quite depressed for a while and was concerned that I was falling back into major depression, which I have suffered from in the past. I'm wondering now if it was some sort of Seasonal Affective Disorder, even though everything I find says that's a winter thing. I do tend to get into an extremely bad "funk" about the end of summer when I start feeling totally trapped in the air-conditioned house. I can't take the summer heat and it really brings me down. So perhaps it was not the vacation itself that jolted me out of this, but the weather. Who knows?

In the meantime, my self-involved whining hurt some feelings, and for that I feel very badly. I removed two entries from my blog which never should have been posted. If I had been myself and realized what I was doing, they certainly would not have made it online. It is not until I returned home from vacation and re-read them that I became aware of just how far down I was.

On the brighter side, I am feeling much better now. Autumn is my very favorite season and I feel really invigorated. Also, my blog now has a lot more readers than it did before.

I will blog about my vacation hopefully within the next few days. For now I need to concentrate on the CHN September Newsletter.

No comments: