Sunday, August 27, 2006

Movie and a dinner date

I passed on seeing How to Eat Fried Worms with the boys this weekend. I had seen the previews and was not at all interested in being that grossed out. They went to a 10:30 am(!) showing, and R loved being able to choose precisely where he would like to sit. He said it was not crowded at all. I tried to get a review out of him since the book is one of his all-time favorites. I asked him to compare the differences between the book and the movie, but it was difficult with E running around screaming about how it was so gross he almost threw up, and about how he loved the fact that he had been enjoying gummy worms during the show. From R, I managed to finally get that he enjoyed the movie, since he could actually see all the gross stuff, but he did enjoy the story in the book better. So, he did not like one better than the other.

We enjoyed dinner with some friends on Saturday afternoon, and learned how to play Cornhole. I have to admit it was a lot of fun, and I would love to get a game set up in our backyard for next year. Maybe R and I can build one together. I was kicking myself for forgetting to bring my camera.

We have our itinerary for Niagara Falls all done. We will be making lots of stops along the way, so we decided to stay in hotels rather than camp. Plus it will be cold out at night, especially up there. I tried to find hotels with internet access so that I could bring B's laptop with us and blog each night. It's such a great way to journal. But the hotel we found was so cheap we couldn't pass it up, and it doesn't have internet access in the rooms. We are staying at three different hotels along the way, and managed to spend less than $65 a night at each one.

I'll write more about our itinerary before we leave on Friday, but for now, I have to go and finish the last third of A Great And Terrible Beauty for bookclub tomorrow night.

No comments: