Friday, August 25, 2006

Visiting old friends

When R was about a year old I went back to work as a freelancer for one day a week. I had found a wonderful woman, who was at home with her children, and had been a special ed teacher before that, who watched R while I worked. M was a gem. I never had any doubts about leaving R with her for the couple of years that I worked. Later, when E was a toddler, I started to use her services again, despite the fact that I wasn't working, just so I could have a few hours a week to myself.
Well today we went for a visit to M's house. Here's a photo of the boys with her daughters. Unfortunately it was raining and cold today, so we couldn't swim in their pool, as R had been really looking forward to. It's difficult to visit at this point, because her girls are getting older and don't play anymore. They are more into the "visiting" aspect of our being there, so the boys just didn't have much to do. M had made cookies for us, and they were a hit. And we watched a video of one of her daughters in the marching band at Cheshire High. M still has a bucket of legos that she keeps handy, so R kept busy with those. E mostly lounged and climbed all over their couch. It worked to our advantage that her daughter had band practice today so our visit had been prearranged as short.
We started filling out our entry forms for the Durham Fair today. E has been collecting soda cans for a "Soda Can Castle" he plans to make. Today he started on the base for it.

No comments: