Monday, February 18, 2008

O gets a taste of the homeschooling life



Today we had a visitor for the day. O's mom dropped him off at 8 am (yes, I was dressed, but only in sweats), and his dad picked him up at 4 pm. The boys all had a terrific time. They stayed busy the entire day, despite O's lamenting our not having a gaming system or broadcast TV.

They kept busy with Lego Bionicles for quite a while. O had brought one of his, and all the boys enjoyed playing with R's decent-sized collection.

They spent some time outside trying to get one of R's rockets to launch. When they couldn't get that to work, they spent some time with vinegar and baking soda and a soda bottle. I went inside when they started with that.

They used their TV time to watch Pee-wee's Big Adventure, which O had never seen before and really seemed to enjoy. At least I could hear them giggling over the sound of my ipod and treadmill downstairs. (Had to fit the treadmill part in - ha!) They also spent a little time online at the Webkinz site, since O had brought his.

I honestly don't know how they spent a lot of their time. There was no arguing though, and just a little wrestling. I was glad the two bigger boys included E the entire day. I did lots of laundry and served food when necessary.

When O's dad picked him up, I offered to take O again on Wednesday. His dad thanked me but said O is going skiing with his ski club that day. O proceeded to pretend to fall down the stairs and exclaimed "Oh, my foot is broken, I can't snowboard..."

I'm glad he had a good time.

No comments: