Monday, April 03, 2006

Uncle Mike's Wedding

This is the first time that the D family has all been together in several years. We're turning into a "weddings and funerals" family. Although my parents probably wish it otherwise, I think it works just fine for us.

On the top left is my brother Robert. In front of him is his life partner and her son. Front left is my sister Debbie. Then me and my men. The bride is next, standing next to my brother Mike. In front of him is my mom. Next to him is my dad. And the two on the right are Mike's wife's children.

The wedding was lovely, as were the two celebrations following. I had the pleasure of taking photographs for the couple, enjoying alone time with them in the limo on the way to our photo destinations, right after the ceremony. I remember the first hour after my ceremony finding it so hard to stop smiling, and it was no different for Mike and Mary. Check out the glow:
It was so very cool to be there for all those smiles and all that glowing. You can't fake that kind of intense positive energy.

We missed taking photos at the lighthouse because it started to rain, but later we were treated to a truly spectacular rainbow, and I played with it in photoshop:
Instead of checking and answering all my email this morning, I spent the a.m. going through all the photos, and playing with some as well. Overall, I think they came out pretty good, although I do wish I used the flash in the church; some of the photos are slightly fuzzy, and it could've been avoided with the flash. I'm always an advocate of natural lighting though. As soon as I get all the photos uploaded I'll post a link here. Some of them will not be up though since I ran out of disk space and had to use film. I'd like to get them on CD too, but only if they are high enough resolution to print from.

We will be heading back up to Maine for Easter in two weeks. April always seems to be such a busy month for us. For now, we are glad to be home.

No comments: