Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Flippin' Families




I don't recall if I've ever blogged about Flippin' Families before. The Southington YMCA has a gymnastics center and every Tuesday they open it up for free play from 12:30 pm till 2 pm. We went quite a few times last year, but this year have not gone too often, since many of our friends are involved in a yoga class on Tuesdays now. Last time we went R said it was no fun without friends, but today he asked if we could go.

We went out for lunch first, so only had 45 minutes to play once we got there, which was really perfect, actually. It was crowded today; lots of toddlers and preschoolers. We were the only homeschoolers. But the boys had lots of fun and were glad we went. I think 45 minutes was just enough time to have fun without needing someone else involved. Plus they've been getting stir crazy at home so any outing was welcome.

We did a bunch of chores afterwards. In the car E asked me how much 10 take away 5 is, and that led to about 15 minutes of him happily working on math problems I gave him. "E, I don't know why you think you are not good at math, every time we do it together you are excellent." That prompted a BIG smile.

R was lost in an audiobook as usual. I don't know how he's not sick of Harry Potter yet.

More fun with the giant box once we got home. Today it was an amusement park ride. They took turns setting themselves up inside with the two beanbag chairs while the other pushed the box over and shook it up all over the kitchen. It made it hard to get the groceries put away, but I stayed out of the way as long as I could.

No comments: