Monday, January 08, 2007

Days at home

Lots of fun things get done on the boring days at home. Here are the shields I made last week to go with the really cool swords we got at the Renaissance Festival in October. The boys had really been admiring the shields along with the swords, but I insisted they'd be easy enough to make for ourselves, and they were. Now all they need is a coat of paint. R is still deciding on a cool dragon for me to paint on his.

R and E have been having fun with the giant box my treadmill came in. It's got great windows in it now and a good-sized door. It also makes a good cave (?) for matchbox cars.

Today R was complaining about being bored. Then he found something to to do; Izzi. I was happy to see him working hard on it while listening to Harry Potter. Today he also spent some time working on a crossword puzzle. The clues were simple anagrams, and he really enjoyed them. I've got to see if I can find more, or at least try to make some with puzzlemaker and this anagram page.

No comments: