Tuesday, February 06, 2007

We have an ice-skating rink in front of our house!















I have to admit that during R's birthday party yesterday, I was somewhat embarrassed by the huge sheet of ice at the end of my driveway which forced people to make their way up the grass. But today I'm kind of glad the town didn't do it's job as well as usual when it finally snowed. What a beautiful day. The sun is shining, the air is crisp and refreshing, and the homeschoolers are outside playing in the 20-degree weather.

After five minutes of videotaping, I made them come in to put hats and gloves on. Frostbite is a lesson I'm not willing to have them learn for themselves.

After some skating, and some sort of improvisational hockey requiring five or six blocks of ice the size of a soft ball, they took off into the woods behind the house to explore for 30 minutes. R must have had a watch on, because he came home right in time for Cyberchase, which is a PBS cartoon that uses lots of math, and computer lingo.

I am so loving my yellow livingroom. The sunlight is just everywhere; it is so invigorating. However, some people don't appreciate the sunlights effect on the television:












He is quite proud at having finally worked it out because it's been disturbing him for weeks. The stool came out of his room because we needed it to seat all his friends for cake yesterday, and it is likely that it will not make it's way back into his room anytime too quickly. Someone will be eating hunched over on a stool for every meal till spring. Or till I get tired of having to remember who sat on it last.

We are off to Watertown to pick up our raw milk and raw honey.

No comments: