Tuesday, April 24, 2007

R is getting exercise

This morning R took a ride on his bike up to Nagy Papa's house. For those of you who know the area, that would be across the street from Stop and Shop. Yes, he is getting old enough to go that far alone. Unfortunately the walkie talkies we got which are supposed to reach eight miles don't reach one. At least not in our neighborhood. Argh. Letting go is so hard.

And then I have to contend with E whining the whole time that R is gone because "IT'S NOT FAIR". We had fun though, playing a game of ABC Oy which he received for Christmas two years ago. He's really catching on to reading fast. Very, very glad about that, I can assure you.

When R got back, with Nagy Papa behind in the car, he told us that they had taken a nice walk around the track at Cheshire Academy, which is behind Nagy Papa's place. They explored the whole area together, apparently, and came home with a bag full of tennis balls which they had picked up off the ground along the way. Nagy Papa didn't want R riding his bike with a bag hanging from the handlebars, so he followed him home.

We spent more time than usual at the library today. I found some books on tree forts, but will have to check other libraries for better ones. Then E played a Zoombini computer game, one which we don't own at home, while R and I played a couple of games of chess. Boy was R pissed when I won both times. I was actually surprised myself. He's gotten so much better since he's been playing this chess computer game I got him for $1 at JoAnn's; he's been practicing a lot. He has improved enormously, but not in his ability to lose. He started crying and actually made his way to the floor in a corner of the library to compose himself. I left him there for a few minutes, but then insisted he had to get himself together so we could leave. He said he needed a nap.

When we got home from the library, did he nap? Course not. The boys played for a short while and then had something to eat before we headed off to R's soccer practice. R got lots of exercise today.

OT: changed the layout of my blog. It was actually quite easy and I'm very happy with it. Although I do have to admit it screwed up some of the layouts on my old postings. Oh well.

No comments: