Sunday, April 29, 2007

Soccer and Gardening

Yesterday R had a soccer game at 12:00. Then E had one at 1:30. Then R had another one at 3:30. It was a beautiful day to be outside, and I never get tired of watching the boys play. Practices are not so thrilling, but games are always fun.

R's second game was interesting. It was with his traveling team, and the opposing team had some serious parenting issues. I'll definitely be blogging about that on my commentary blog real soon.

Today we got quite a bit done around the outside of our house. We are covering over my giant garden in the back. It's just gotten way too large for me to keep weeded, and by mid July I get too demoralized to even try to keep up. So I moved the flowers I care about to the side of the garage, and will keep that area for strictly a utility garden. Maybe I'll even plant a couple of tomato plants. Mostly though, it's flowers for cutting, which I'm planting really close together to hopefully choke out the weeds.

Home ownership gets to be such a chore. I totally understand my mom's contemplating condo living. Sometimes it sounds really good to me too.

No comments: