Sunday, April 22, 2007

R needs exercise

R had a soccer game yesterday and 1/2 way through the game he started huffing and puffing. He can't run as well as he used to. We had a talk about it and he agreed that he needs to start exercising. I told him he could use my treadmill (he can't do it without supervision, because I have a key for it), or he could ride his bike, or just run or walk, or even do one of my exercise videos, but that he should do 30 minutes a day. My smart boy sees the value in it, since I stand for a fine example of what not to do. After he and E stopped laughing over the word "sluggish", R finally agreed that it was something he did not want to become. He also agreed that he can't take for granted that he will have his father's physique when he grows up.

I have to admit that I never thought about having to encourage R to exercise. I myself assumed he'd have his dad's physique since he was such a toothpick when he was little. But he really has filled out and simply does not run around the way his brother still does. And since I really do NOT want him to end up with my physique, I've got to encourage him to start new habits NOW.

On another note, I have a new blog. This one is all about describing what's going on in our lives, and the new one will be about what I think about things. I suppose I'm needing to focus a little bit on what I think rather than simply what I do. Check it out.

No comments: