Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mother's Day

I was awakened at 8:00 am. The boys (E especially) have been anxious to give me their Mother's Day gifts since they created the first ones at Craft and Swim on Thursday. So after I brushed my teeth and settled back into bed, I opened them all. All three cards were lovely. B's especially.

The gifts from Craft and Swim were teeny coffee cups, painted, with tealight candles in them, and little potpourri-filled sachets. B and the boys had also painted tiles at a pottery place in town. I love them both. Finally, a pound of Dunkin' Donuts decaffeinated coffee, which I am pleased to have received. DD coffee is really good. So B prepared some for us.

We sat in our pajamas and watched Ice Age, which the boys had received in their Easter baskets but hadn't watched yet. It was very funny and we enjoyed it. B made breakfast for us all.

I wrote a list of all the things I have to do this week, and put each item somewhere in my date book to be sure they get done. I did a load of laundry, and spent some time watching TV before doing a stretching video. B made us all some hamburgers for lunch. Then I showered and read a magazine for a while, while the boys played outside in the rain.

We headed out to India Palace in New Haven for dinner. (You know, the place E had gotten sick in last time?) Everyone enjoyed dinner. The boys both enjoyed the samosas, and of course, naan. Who doesn't like bread, after all?

Back at home we had some coconut pudding. During that the conversation led to haircuts, and where they could be fit into the list of things I need to do this week. Oh yeah, and when would I be getting to Kohls to exchange all those pants?

Mother's Day is officially over.

No comments: