Friday, May 12, 2006

The YMCA Birthday Party



On Thursday after Craft and Swim, I was handed a flyer inviting us to a free party to celebrate the birthday of the YMCA. It was today from 3pm till 6pm. We arrived just after three, and spent over two hours there. They had three different bouncy houses, music, games, cake and apple juice. It made for a cheap and enjoyable Fun Friday.

We spent the morning pursuing different things at home. E made a list of games he wants to play at his birthday party (his list is still in progress.) Right now we are all about his party around here. Every day we count how many are left, first thing. E is also having a party for family this year, but he doesn't seem overly excited about it. He is really looking forward to having a costume party with his friends. He is also very excited that Grandma is coming to both parties, and will be bringing him two presents.

R listened to audio books, and I spent a nice chunk of time scrapbooking. Taking all those pictures at my brother's wedding gave me the urge to make a wedding scrapbook for myself. I gathered up all my photos and have been working on it for two days. I'm so enjoying it. It was nice to go back and read all the vows we had written. It's also been incredibly wonderful to ignore all the things I have to do and all the people waiting on me for things, and simply do something for myself. I need to take time for myself more often.

No comments: