Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The start of art class

Well for whatever reason, my computer has decided to function properly again. I'll take advantage of it while I can, and try to catch up on all I'm behind on.

E was happy to receive $10 from the tooth fairy this morning. He and R were overheard speaking yesterday; seems R thought the tooth was worth $20 since he had to endure the pain of having it pulled. However the toothfairy must've thought that was excessive, and probably thought even the 10 was. Yes, E had a tooth pulled yesterday, due to an abscess. Everything went very well though, and he is $10 richer.

I'm teaching an art class to some friends' children. I have this terrific book called Teaching Art with Books Kids Love and it really guides the reader through the whole process. It's terrific. I taught a class when we belonged to a homeschooling co-op, and the kids really responded well to it, so when my friend asked me to teach this new group, I agreed immediately. I am doing different projects though so that R and E don't get bored. So that's where we spent our afternoon.

R was spotted reading today. I got a copy of A Kids Guide to Building Forts out of the library last night. I accidentally came upon it and knew he wouldn't be able to resist it. He has already taught himself how to make a knot which holds two sticks in a + pattern. He practiced with some string and two pencils. No help from me; he figured it out himself. He will read when he is ready!

R has recently discovered the joy of Clue and we all enjoyed playing as a family after dinner; E was on B's "team". It was lots of fun.

I have a friend who has a cool function on her blog. You can type in your email address and it will send you an email every time the blog is added to. This way people don't have to check it every day. When I have some time I'll have to look into adding that to my blog too, since I fully expect that my computer functioning is temporary.

I have really missed blogging, and am glad to be back. It's a great way of reflecting on what's going on each day.

1 comment:

livnletlrn said...

Hey, does that Blogarithm thing work? I put it up and then forgot to test it out. (duh.) I have since learned that Bloglines is actually a more well known version of this service, so I've added that to the Glastonbury Glassworks site, but not my own blog yet. When you're ready to add them, it's easy peasy. Enjoy!