Thursday, July 06, 2006

Goodbye La Leche League

I have been a La Leche League Leader for over four years now. I accepted phone calls at my home from mothers who have questions about breastfeeding, and led monthly meetings with three other terrific women. For one year I also led a separate meeting for mothers who were nursing toddlers. In addition I was on the CT Area Council for that entire time; I was the layout editor for ConnTact, Connecticut's quarterly Leaders' newsletter for three years, and have been a District Advisor for this last year. (The five groups in my Area would send me all their monthly paperwork, and I would condense it and send it up the line. I also provided support for the Leaders of those five groups.)

Well, it is actually with a very light heart that I now retire from LLL. I dropped off my box of paperwork to my supervisor today. And this weekend I hope to find time to go through the two feet of shelf space the rest of the paperwork takes up. It was a (mostly) satisfying four years, but I have moved on to the next level in my life.

I am now on the board of directors for CT Homeschool Network. However, I have started to feel that my volunteer positions are taking too much time away from other things I'd rather be doing, so I have committed only till September. At that point I would really like to revamp my business, which I am embarrassed to admit, I have barely thought about since December. I need to redo my website so that Google can find me more easily. It is a big task which I have not been thrilled to think about, let alone start.

I would also like to start scrapbooking again...

No comments: