Monday, July 24, 2006

A Worm Hotel and the first friends to help us enjoy our new pool



B and my "2B" homeschoolers were digging in the compost pile yesterday. Overall they found about 50 worms. I suggested they immediately dump them in the strawberry patch, but fishing won out. So they created a worm hotel to keep them all happy until they are needed. Fifty worms is a lot to keep well-fed in a bucket, no matter how large that bucket is. Several dead ones were hanging out on top today. So the three of them decided that tomorrow they'd dump them all out and take inventory.

B was flattening out the ground to prepare it for our new pool. The friend of a friend gave us one for free, and boy are we psyched! It was a lot of work for B to flatten the ground, but it was well worth it.

Meanwhile back inside, I was making blueberry clafouti and blueberry pie. I stopped everyone to eat the lunch I had made, and later the dinner. I felt very housewife-ish. It was weird, although I much preferred all that baking to slinging dirt.

I also enjoyed cutting some more flowers from my cutting garden. The smell of the lilies is simply intoxicating. The whole house smells.











"Wake up Mommy and take my picture." Today started with E's experimenting with the strength of some Magz (magnets.) They are very strong and "it hurts when you leave them in your nose too long."

Today I made blueberry jam, and all the yogurt I bought yesterday evening is completely gone; the boys loved it with the fresh blueberries. We need to get some maple syrup tomorrow so we can enjoy some blueberry pancakes.

Today we also had some friends over and they enjoyed our new pool.I love visiting with these particular friends. Their mom is always so insightful. I always leave our one-on-one visits with lots to think about. I wish they weren't always so busy, or intentionally un-busy, so that we could see them more. I cherish the time we do get though.

No comments: