Friday, January 04, 2008

The longest cold in the history of the universe

Okay, so that's what it feels like, anyway. I tried to get on with things...
Wednesday we went to The Children's Museum (formerly the Science Center) with some friends. E enjoyed making a giant bubble around him and his friends and R and I enjoyed controlling light intensity while looking through a window to combine our faces. They had an enjoyable couple of hours being out with friends in a place they like to go. And it was pretty easy going for me.

Afterwards we came home and had some dinner before heading off to soccer. That was fine too, since E was busy using up some energy and R also has friends from his team who he plays with to keep busy during E's practices. So I got to sit and quietly read. The building wasn't even as cold as it usually is, which was great since the Dunkin' Donuts I usually go to on the way is closed for renovations.

Yesterday (Thursday) we did some grocery shopping and the rest of the day was spent at home. We had plans to go to a gym day in Hartford, which we have not yet managed to attend, and I'm really disappointed to keep missing, but I pooped out. I did manage to make dinner again though, and afterwards went to my monthly womyn's circle. I'm glad I managed to go to that since next month I will be missing it; it lands on R's birthday.

When I came home my mom was here. She was passing through on her way down to Florida for her two months there. She has a 3.5 hour drive to here from Maine, then 6.5 hours down to Virgina where she picks up a train which can also take her car down to mid-Florida. It was nice to have another visit with her and hear about the Christmas dinner she had with all my siblings and their families in Maine. Sounds like it was very pleasant.

So anyhow, Mom and I visited last night and I apologized in advance for not seeing her off this morning. She had to be out the door by 7:30; she understood.

Today I threw up my arms and totally gave up getting on with things. We bummed around and I stayed in my pajamas all day. I watched some Waltons and did some reading and took a nap. It's so frustrating to wake up every day and still not have this cold over and done with. I probably have a sinus infection - my ears are so clogged I still can't taste anything and hear very poorly. But I feel like I'm so far along now that going to the doctor wouldn't speed it along, so there's no point. It's so exhausting though, and demoralizing!

1 comment:

triple d said...

PLEASE go to the doctor - I would hate to hear you had done permanent damage to your ears. Being deaf stinks, as you are quickly learning, no doubt. And I am not up to that part in my homeopathy studies yet!!!