Thursday, January 17, 2008

Lots of errands

The last couple of days we have been doing lots of running around. Yesterday we went to the library, picked up B's shoes at the repair shop, went to Kohls so I could use my 20% off everything coupon to buy myself some sneakers, exchanged the "boom box" E had bought himself at Walmart and which had mysteriously died after about a minute and a half of play time, bought fabric at JoAnn's for new curtains for his room, went to the dollar store for our jugs of water, and went to playgroup. Wow, it's exhausting just typing it all out! We also picked up our milk at Thyme and Season, but skipped E's soccer practice. During all our fun sledding on Tuesday he had hit the concrete at one point and bonked his knee pretty good, and after all the running around he wasn't up to playing soccer. I was disappointed that he wanted to skip it since he will be missing it the next two weeks due to the fact that we will be in Florida (woo hoo) but he really did resist, so I didn't push it.

Playgroup at our new location went really well. I brought my camera but unfortunately forgot to use it. It's a great indoor space and the boys had lots of fun, while the moms continued the conversation from the night before about hopes for the group. I also had the chance to chat with two women who I had only met casually before, and who relocated here from New Orleans after that tragedy. I got a small glimpse into the transition of one family who made it out O.K.

Today was another busy day. Nagy Papa (pronounced Nudge Papa, and meaning Grandpa in Hungarian) needed a ride to a doctor's appointment down at the VA in West Haven since his car is temporarily unavailable. After that we all went to Hometown Buffet for lunch in Milford, before heading to Trader Joe's in Orange. Dropped off our stuff at home and headed over to Wallingford to exchange my sneakers at a different Kohls, stopped into Aldi to get some tilapia and let my dad check out that store, and then over to Shop Rite in Meriden, which my dad was curious about since they always have such great sales in their flyers. Each night at dinner we all contribute what our favorite thing of the day was, and we all agreed that it was having my dad spend the day with us. (B's favorite thing was "coming home" [from work], the way it is every weekday.)

B and I finished disc 5 of Season 3 of Lost last night, and we didn't have the next one from Netflix for tonight, so I went to the video store to pick it up and that disc was out! So I popped over to the library to find something else for us to watch, and what did I find? Lost...The Complete Third Season. Yay! Now I can watch the bonus features too! Well, we finished it off tonight and I came down to blog after tucking B in. I'll have to watch the bonus features tomorrow, and wait another whole year to watch Season 4 :-(

I'm looking forward to a day at home tomorrow!

No comments: