Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Busy summer days

I hate not blogging. I'm sure I've said it before, but as I'm getting older my mind just doesn't retain what it used to, and this blog will be my memory for later. I feel like life begins to pass me by if I don't sit down and dwell on it a little bit.

I have photos and snippets of what we've done over the last two weeks, but don't know how much time I'll have to write it all down. So rather than start way back when, I'll start with today and go backwards. This way I won't feel like I have to catch up and can just stop when I run out of time.

Let's start with a photo:
Unless you are familiar with the exquisite aroma of oriental lilies, you simply cannot imagine just what this photograph means. The whole house smells heavenly, and B hasn't had any allergy problems yet. I think I will always have a cutting garden. It's a downright heady feeling I've been enjoying.

Today we skipped playgroup. So many people are in camp and couldn't show up till 2:30 or so, and I just didn't feel like driving the hour round trip to Hamden for an hour and a half worth of play. So instead we went to Sears and got my car a new battery. Then we went to Walmart (gasp!) to get some water shoes since we do need them and Target is done for the season. We did a few other errands along the way, and stopped into Good Will where the boys were thrilled to find golf clubs for $1 each, since E flung one into the woods last time they played in the rain, and they haven't been able to find it back there.

I'm glad we got our errands done so tomorrow we can concentrate on laundry, grocery shopping, and packing for our camping trip this weekend, which we are really looking forward to!

No comments: