Sunday, March 19, 2006

E's turn to be sick






Saturday found me at an Area Council meeting for La Leche League. I can't believe I've been a Leader for five years already. This last year I have not lead any meetings, but served as a District Advisor, which means I'm a support person for five groups of Leaders in the state. I'm retiring from LLL soon, so this will have been my last Area Council meeting. I'm a little sad, but mostly happy to have one less thing to do.

B spent the day with the boys, taking E to basketball, etc. For dinner we headed down to New Haven for some Indian food. We only had our appetizers when E announced that his stomach hurt and started behaving way out of character. Well, after our experience with R's thing, we weren't taking any chances. So, we had them pack up all of our food when it was ready, and took it all home to eat. B was pretty bummed that even though we were eating out there would still be dishes to do, since they are his responsibility. I told him I'd do them - which I did.

E went right to bed when we got home, and the rest of us enjoyed our dinner. It was an excellent dinner, regardless of the atmosphere. Later B and I watched Gangs of New York, which I had never seen before, and so wish I still hadn't. I'm just not into the whole violence thing. And the story took so darn long to actually happen. Three hours I could've definitely spent better elsewhere. Oh well.

We were done with the movie and heading upstairs when E puked in his bed. B took E, and I got the dirty sheets. B was pretty insistent that E sleep with us; he was worried he'd choke on his vomit. I'm actually glad he did, because I can remember getting up several times during the night to clean out that stinky puke bucket which was strategically located right next to my head, while B snored blissfully along. Last time was around 2:15 and that's when I finally was able to really fall asleep.

Today (Sunday) E decided he was most definitely sick and needed to stay home all day watching TV. So the two of us missed going to Open Cockpit Day at New England Air Museum. B and R used the free passes from the library to get in and had an awesome time, and R was full of excitement when they came home. They got to go on several planes to check out the cockpits. I was super bummed to miss it, especially since E was his usual bouncy self all day long, and never threw up again. Argh. He just wanted to be able to watch TV all day long like his brother did the week before. I did not keep him company though, as I was not interested in watching 101 Dalmations, The Rescuers, The Jungle Book, Singin' in the Rain, and Take Me Out to the Ballgame each for the umpteenth time.

I spent a large portion of my time working on the CT Homeschool Network. I'm trying to compile all the documents which govern its board, of which I am a member or former member, depending on what all the documents say. I'm still in the process of getting my hands on all of them. More updates on that soon, as it all unfolds.

For those of you who have been sitting on the edge of your seats waiting, here's the forsythia I brought inside, in full bloom. It took what, a week? It's beautiful and well worth the wait. A piece of spring inside for free! If you have a forsythia, or your neighbors do, bring some inside right now!

No comments: