Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Library Day


E spiked his hair with gel today. R told him he had wanted his hair like that but it was too curly. E felt very cool with it all day.

We started out at the Doctor's this morning. Unfortunately Compound W Ultra Super Mega for $24 was not enough to get the job done for R, so we are letting the doctor take care of it once and for all. Since I had him trapped I also had him look at a really bad slice in E's hand from the day before. He thinks E will be fine without stitches, which was nice to hear since we recently spent several hours in the emergency room getting stitches on his brow when he hit his head on the coffee table while trying to jump on the couch.

After the doctor we headed over to some friends' for a playdate. M has lots of cool trains that the boys loved playing with, and J gave me my baby girl fix. I have worked hard on earning that big smile and hug when she sees me. Her mother is also a great friend, so it was a relaxing afternoon for all of us.

Stopped at BJ's next where R finally purchased his new CD player. Three hundred forty watts of power, and he is looking forward to using every one. Five CD changer, two cassettes, and it even reads MP3's (which was something I insisted on.) The best part though is the remote. "It even controls the cassette player. My old one didn't." The first thing he played after not having a CD player for three months was The Ramones because it wasn't his, (it's mine) and he was nervous about having the first CD get damaged for some reason. (Yes, he admitted this to me later.) After the Ramones tested okay, he went for AC/DC.

We did eventually make it to the library. Only DVD's were due so that's all we took out too. I returned "Osama", which I highly recommend, and "Battlestar Gallactica The Miniseries" which if you remember the original fondly, would really enjoy.

R made dinner tonight; salmon fried in butter and garlic, and peas and corn. I enjoyed listening to him explain how his remote control worked while I watched him from the kitchen table. He went to bed early tonight. He's been waking up earlier with the sun, since he has no curtains in his room. I love that he recognizes that he should go to bed earlier. Baby #1 is not a baby anymore.

No comments: