Thursday, March 02, 2006

Snowed In




Our regularly scheduled program for Thursdays was cancelled due to snow. It's always fun to find time on our hands. The boys harass me for a while about what they can do for the day, and then they go and find something themselves.

R decided to start with the easier version of his roller coaster and work up. The easier version took six hours. His fingers hurt from snapping all the pieces together, but it sure looks great. He listened to the rest of "Frindle" on tape as he worked, and then moved on to "Ralph's Motorcycle".

E did some puzzles, played with cars, listened to his own audiobooks in his room, and practiced his snowboarding. He was frustrated that R wouldn't play out in the snow with him. This certainly was a first. R is a total snow bunny and is usually urging E to join him.

R suggested I type "Life in Hungary" into Google today. We found a couple of really awesome websites. And learned that the Rubik's Cube was invented in Hungary! We also had fun changing the Google search results to Hungarian, and then googling "Star Wars". We were surprised to see lots and lots of search results. We printed one out to put on our display when the time comes.

We finished the day with a recording of the History Channel's show "Ancient Marvels", which was about Roman weapons. Weapons of any kind are always big around here.

1 comment:

Shannon Holt Knudsen said...

Hey Coleen. I love those snow days too! The girls are usually so happy that they just play together all day. I have learned to let everything go and just enjoy them. That has taken me a LONG time to do. I mean I knew I should do it but actually doing took some time. Anyway, I can't get onto your pictures w/o signing in?? I might have to take some time to look into how to do that. Also, I have a blog too, it's peaceknitter. I just worked on it one day goofing off so there isn't much there. In fact, you are the first person I have told about it except Danny, who cocked his head a little like a confused dog when I told him about it.
peace baby