Wednesday, March 29, 2006

My Little Man





R is feeling quite manly in his new duds. We found a tie and belt and the Goodwill in Hamden today. He also asked if he could borrow a [conservative] gold stud earring to wear. He saw his whole outfit laying on the bed and was very happy when I said yes, he could try it all on. He really feels all grown up in it. My baby!

No luck on shoes for E, but I remembered that the sandals I got for him this year (on clearance last August) are closed-toe, so with a pair of socks they will do just fine. I found a decent plaid shirt for him to wear too, but then he insisted on a tie also, which is too dressy for the shirt. I think he'll look just fine in all the photographs though. Who knows, maybe something will jump out at me at Walmart tomorrow while the boys are in Craft and Swim.


At the consignment shop today I found a brand new latch-rug kit of Winnie the Pooh, and picked it up for E. My mom sent him an embroidery kit some time ago, but he found it too difficult. I bought him one at the craft store with larger holes, but the problem is that the yarn gets tangled as he guides it in and out. He seriously wants some sort of craft that he can do on his own though, so the latch-rug seems to be the perfect answer. No tangles. He did five pieces this evening, so I'm anticipating that it will take a loooong time to finish, but he is happy to hear that I will sew it into a pillow for him when he is done. He himself mentioned that it will take a long time, but he is confident he will finish it. And we are keeping it handy so he doesn't have to take it out/put it away every time he wants to work on it.

I so love that I can go into Photoshop and blur the messy house in the background of the photo!

Tonight at dinner, E, out of nowhere, started explaining that air is all around us and that it is made of oxygen. "It touches every part of your body all the time!" At bedtime tonight, instead of "reading" a book in bed by himself, he decided to do some writing. He wrote all the words he could think of that rhyme with cat. Then he wrote a sentence: Mat sat on a elafin.

This evening at the library we stocked up on audiobooks and DVD's for our trip to Maine this weekend. My Queer as Folk DVD was due today, but I kept it to watch the last 3 episodes tonight, and I'll pay the late fee tomorrow. They let me renew it once, but not a second time. How can they expect one to watch 22 episodes of anything in 2 weeks? It's 6 disks! I don't know why they don't separate them instead of keeping them all together. Oh well, I really want to see the last of it. I'm sad it's over. I really miss having a gay man in my life. If you have gay people in your life, or are interested in what gay life is like, check it out. It really is right on. There are graphic sex scenes in it though, so be forewarned. Like I've said, I can't believe the Cheshire library has the thing.

Three hours of it is waiting for me, so I'm off...

No comments: