Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Getting excited about Niagara Falls...




The other night I was thrilled to find a show about Niagara Falls on the Travel Channel, and I taped it to watch another time. Tonight was another time.

I had forgotten how much I enjoyed that vacation with B back in the late 80's. The power of Niagara Falls really spoke to me. I can remember how glorious it felt to be standing beneath it in the tunnel. I really felt connected with nature. By the end of the trip B was pretty tired of it all, complaining that he had seen the things from every conceivable angle (which we did) but I loved every minute of it. I am so looking forward to sharing the experience with my kids when we vacation there this September.

We'll drive 1/2 way there, camp somewhere for a night, and the next day finish the drive. Once we get there we'll camp nearby the falls, at the same location B and I did all those years ago. Hopefully the savings on airfare and hotel will enable us to spend our money on all the good stuff, like helicopter rides!

The video presented a new "attraction" too. Apparently we can walk the footsteps of Harriet Tubman helping slaves cross the river as part of the underground railroad. So there will be something new for B and I to see.

Well the video got R and E all pumped up about it too:
Me: We can take a helicopter ride over it to see how it looks from above.
R: Really?
Me: Would you like to go under the falls like that?
R: Definitely!
E: What kind of food do they have there?

No comments: