Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The house is a mess!



One of the things I find challenging about being a homeschooler is accepting the constant mess. Currently there are two giant rugs on my livingroom floor, littered with tons of the matchbox cars they were invented for. The Lego castle and dinosaurs are *still* out too. It's hard to complain when all this stuff actually gets used, but it's to the point where I have nowhere left to hide.

As homeschoolers we are in our homes so much more of the time than others, and we are really hard on our house too. The walls are filthy and gouges are actually missing out of some of them! A homeschooling friend once told me that she doesn't live in a house, rather a giant classroom. Keeping this in mind has helped me immensely. But most of the time I just can't stand the mess.

I'm sure Mom is chuckling over this since I was one of the world's biggest slobs while growing up. Even when I met B I had to clear a path in my room for him to sit down on the bed to watch TV with me. When does it happen that we decide living in a clean house would be nicer? Probably right when we have kids and the mess is no longer ours to control!

E asked me to take a picture of him with his Magz creation today. He was quite proud of the way he was able to follow the photo exactly. He wanted me to snap this before he crushed it with his fist.

St. Patty's Day decorations came out today. Not alot - just enough to keep it festive without too much work. We had window clings to hang up so I cleaned the kitchen sliders. I hated to have anything cover up the now unobstructed view, but shamrocks now cover the thing.

Today R came running into the house at one point, urging me to go out back. There in a tree overhead, was a beautiful red-tailed hawk. We were just standing out on the deck admiring it through my binoculars, when all these annoying crows came along and started to harass him. One finally flew into him and got him all angry. We couldn't see where they all flew off to. R said it was a shame that they chased him away.

No comments: